- Cuisine: American, Canadian, North American
- Course: Entrée, Lunch, Main course, Supper
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 1 sandwich
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Love a Reuben. My favorite sandwich ever. Using good shredded corn beef will make your sandwich go from good to amazing. I slice up my leftover Irish Corned Beef for this. Buy the dressing from a store or make your own 1000 Island Dressing.
- ¼ pound sliced or shredded corned beef
- 2 slices of rye and pumpernickel swirl bread
- ¼ cup sauerkraut, drained and squeezed of moisture
- ¼ cup thousand island dressing
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1 Tablespoon softened butter
Heat a frying pan on the stove top to medium heat. Spread 1/2 the butter on the outsides of each piece of bread.
Place the bread slices butter-side down and spread the dressing on both pieces. Top one slice with the corned beef, sauerkraut, then the swiss cheese. Take the last slice of bread and place on top butter side up.
Place sandwich in frying pan and grill each side till it is golden brown and the center is hot, about 4 minuets per side. Serve with fries.